2. By interacting with us, submitting personal data to us, or subscribing to the Blog, you are deemed to have agreed and consented to our collecting, using, disclosing and sharing amongst ourselves your personal data, and disclosing these to our authorised service providers and relevant third parties in the manner set out in this Policy.
3. In line with the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (No. 26 of 2012) (the “Act”), “personal data” shall mean data or information, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified from that data; or from that data or information, and other information that an organisation has, or is likely to have, access to. Such personal data shall also include what is already in our possession or that we shall collect in future.
4. We may collect either directly from you or your authorised representatives, and/or through our third party service providers personal data which may include your name, NRIC/BC/FIN and/or passport number, postal address, contact number and email address.
Purposes of Data Collection
5. The purposes for which we may collect, use, disclose and/or process your personal data include but are not limited to:
(a) Communicating with you on your enquiries, and/or sending you marketing and promotional information and material through any media;
(b) Administrative matters on your registration for activities or mailing lists;
(c) Conducting market research and reader satisfaction surveys;
(d) Notifying you of any changes to our policies or services;
(e) Responding to queries and feedback;
(f) Enabling us to develop, deliver and improve our services; and
(g) Any other purposes in line with the objectives of the Blog.
6. The above list of Purposes is not exhaustive as the collection, use, disclosure and/or processing of personal data depends on the circumstances.
7. To fulfil the above Purposes, we may also be disclosing your personal data to our third party service providers, agents and/or our affiliates, and/or other third parties.
Exemptions From Consent Requirement
8. We shall not disclose your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your consent, except as follows:
(a) When the disclosure is required or authorised based on the applicable laws and/or regulations;
(b) When the purpose of the disclosure is clearly in your interests, and if consent cannot be obtained in a timely way;
(c) When the disclosure is to respond to an emergency that threatens the life, health or safety of yourself or another individual;
(d) When the disclosure is necessary for any legitimate investigation or proceedings;
(e) When the personal data is disclosed to any officer of a law enforcement agency upon written authorisation from the head or director of that agency;
(f) When the disclosure is to a public agency and such disclosure is necessary in the public interest;
(g) Where such disclosure is permitted by the Act or by any law.
9. The instances listed above are not exhaustive. For more information on the exceptions, the Second, Third and Fourth Schedules of the Act apply.
Withdrawal of Consent
10. You may withdraw your consent. Withdrawal of consent could result in certain legal consequences including not being able to continue with your existing relationship with us.
Administration and Management of Personal Data
12. We have in place basic information security measures to ensure that your personal data are adequately protected and secured. Reasonable steps will be taken to prevent any unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, leakage, loss, damage and/or alteration of your personal data. However, we cannot assume responsibility for any unauthorised use of your personal data by third parties, which are attributable to factors beyond our control.
13. We will put in place measures to ensure that your personal data with us are destroyed and/or anonymised when: (i) the purposes for which that personal data was collected are no longer being served by retention of such personal data; and (ii) the retention is no longer necessary for any other legal purpose.
14. This Policy is governed by, and shall be construed in accordance with, the laws of Singapore.
Updating of Policy
15. We shall update this Policy in compliance with changes in the Act and any other relevant laws.
Date: 1 October 2021